COMSOC STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
Click here to apply.
IEEE MEDITCOM 2024 offers a limited number of Student Travel Grants (STG) to the students who registered and co-authored an accepted paper, on a competition basis. Each award is subject to travel reimbursement.
- The student applicant must be a student member of the IEEE Communications Society.
- The student applicant must be a co-author of an accepted paper in IEEE MEDITCOM 2024 and present it at the conference in person.
- The student applicant must be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field in a college or university when submitting their applications.
- During the expense reimbursement stage, the student applicant must show proof of having registered to attend the IEEE MEDITCOM 2024 conference.
A student who is awarded an STG must register, attend and present the paper at the conference. Payment will only be made to grant recipients who submit the expense report (with receipts) within 45 days after the conference. More details will be provided to the students who are selected to receive a ComSoc STG award.
We encourage participation from underrepresented groups and diverse institutions across all geographical regions. Women, minorities, beginning graduate students, and first-time conference attendees, are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Click on the EDAS link to start the application. Please have the following materials ready:
- IEEE ComSoc Student Membership Number. Applicants must be current Student Members of the IEEE Communications Society (not just IEEE student members) at the time they apply for the grant.
- Student's up-to-date CV / Resume. This document should include citizenship and study level (undergraduate or graduate); the document may include ethnicity and gender (optional).
- Advisor Supporting Letter. This is a reference letter from the student's advisor. We ask that the advisor confirms that the student has full-time status and is in good academic standing at the given institution.
- Student Statement Letter. A half to one-page letter from the student should include the following information: (1) A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date (students should demonstrate a serious interest in networking, through their coursework and projects). (2) A statement on the purpose of attending the conference.
- Conference Registration Confirmation Number. Applicants must register to attend the conference. If you have already registered, have your registration confirmation ready. To view the registration page, click here.
- Estimate of the Travel Costs. This is just an estimate of what the grant money would be used towards, including conference registration, airfare, and hotel.
IEEE is committed to the principle that all persons shall have equal access to programs, facilities, services, and employment without regard to personal characteristics not related to ability, performance, or qualifications as determined by IEEE policy and/or applicable laws. For more information on the IEEE policy visit here.
Application Deadline: 10 May 2024
Notification Date: 15 May 2024
Please address any questions to the Travel Grant Co-Chairs listed below with a mandatory subject: IEEE MEDITCOM 2024 Last Name: Question.
TRAVEL GRANT CO-CHAIRS
Virginia Pilloni, University of Cagliari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karim Banawan, Alexandria University, email@example.com